This gadget was definitely late arriving in the CoCo world. We needed this baby back in the 80’s or 90’s, for sure.
The Deluxe Wireless RS-232 Pak was designed to be a drop-in replacement for the Tandy Deluxe RS-232 Pak. No Disk BASIC or OS-9 software should know the difference. Now, instead of stringing a long null-modem cable over to your PC, you can plug a bluetooth dongle or adapter into your PC and establish a wireless connection between the CoCo and PC. After that, anything is possible.
- Compatible with the Dragon and all CoCo models
- The CoCo can use the wireless pak without a Multi-Pak Interface
- Built-in ROM Firmware (modified copy of Tandy Deluxe RS-232 Pak ROM)
- Using two paks, two CoCos will find each other and connect automatically
- Speeds up to 115200 bps or 230400 bps if the crystal is doubled
- Configure the pak using English commands
- Pak is pre-configured and ready to use out of the box
Please visit the Products page on this site to purchase your own wireless pak.
Here is a video of one user using his CoCo to connect to a Linux box that has an internet connection.
This video shows a multi-player game being written and tested using two CoCos.